Is quilting your favourite hobby? Do you want to be serious with your hobby soon? The journey from your hobby to your profession can be fascinating. But to make quilting your profession, you want good quilting machines. And, of course, at affordable rates.
But whenever you want to know the exact price, you might get puzzled. There are hundreds of websites showing different machines with different price tags.
But don’t worry. You are on the right page. Stick to this article to get details about the best quilting machines and their prices.
Here we go
Choose your Quilting Machine
Each quilting machine comes with different price tags. But the price heavily depends on the type of sewing machine you use.
There are two types of machines:
- Longarm Quilting machines.
- Traditional Quilting machines.
Longarm quilting machines are generally more expensive than Traditional Quilting machines.
Longarm machines cost somewhere between $ 5000 and $40,000. But, Traditional machines start from $150 and range up to $10,000.
So choose your machine wisely. It will help you set the budget and buy a suitable machine for your work.
Why are Longarm Quilting Machines Expensive?
If you are entering the professional quilting world, you must need a Longarm quilting machine. But longarm quilting machines are the expensive ones. It is because these machines help you to make more oversized quilts.
The quilt sits on the frame and allows you to move the machine throughout the quilt. It saves your time by putting in much less effort.
The Actual Price of Longarm Quilting Machines
The price of Longarm quilting machines varies between $5000 and $40,000. But the actual figure depends upon the add-ons you buy with the machine.
Following are some essentials you may need to buy along with the machine to add more professional touch to your quilt:
- Laser light kit
- Touchscreen display upgrade
- Optional rear handles
- Quilting robotics system
- Wheel castors
- Laser stylus
- Ruler base
- Hooping, feet set, etc.
Best Longarm Quilting Machines and Their Price Ranges
Q’nique machines by the Grace company provide one of the finest Long-arm machines in the market. The device’s design helps you quickly pivot up, down, right, and left. Also, when quilting, you will get full use of a frame.
- The machine comes with a 5″ LED display. It helps you to control all significant functions using quick-access control buttons.
- There is an advantage to the LED screen. The screen is height adjustable.
- There is no scope for doubting the speed of the machine. It produces 2600 stitches per minute.
- It comes with a bobbin winder and estimator. So you will not run out of thread in the middle. The bobbin estimator indicates when the bobbin is 20% to help you to switch out in time.
- The product has a fantastic customer review record as it is buttery smooth to use manually.
- It has high-speed stitch technology. Produces up to 2600 stitches per minute.
- It has a throat space of 21 x 10.5 inches.
- The machine comes with a built-in stitch regulator.
- One of the disadvantages of this machine is that it has poor lighting.
It is one of the leading longarm companies providing the best machine. Juki TL-2200QVP-S is a sit-down longarm machine. The best part about the machine is that it has both modern and classic touches.
- This machine comes with a 2″ x 3″ display. It helps you to adjust the needle position, automatic thread cutter. It also allows you to adjust screen brightness.
- It has an 18-inch wide throat size x10 inches high. It helps for extra visibility.
- For stand-up sewing, you can use Juki TL 2200 Quilt Virtuoso.
- It comes with a 20″ additional workspace. You can expand the workspace by using extensions like tables or optional leaves.
- This sewing machine is best for free-motion sewing.
- It also has a built-in stitch regulator.
- Has a bobbin regulator.
- It does not make a sound while sewing.
- Its disadvantage is that it has poor lighting.
Meet one of the fastest Longarm quilting machines in the market. Along with a fantastic look, it will give you the best experience sewing and save your time.
- It has a built-in Stitch regulation technology.
- It has the fastest speed of 4000 stitches per minute.
- It has a throat size of 21.”
- It has a high speed with 4000 stitches per minute.
- This machine comes with a pinpoint needle laser light.
- It also comes with ten years frill-free warranty.
- One major disadvantage is that it needs a large workspace.
- Quite expensive as compared to other machines.
- The machine comes with a small full-colour screen. You can control significant functions through the screen.
- With this machine, you can quilt up to 108 inches wide fabric.
- It has a speed of 1800 stitches per minute.
- The machine comes with a user manual. It helps you to know the details about the product.
- The machine has user-friendly technology.
- This machine is not as fast as other machines.
- The most crucial disadvantage is that you have to buy a tabletop if you want to buy this machine.
COnsew 744R30 is a sit-down quilting machine and is used for industrial purposes. It comes with a large workspace of 30″. Also, the machine comes with an assembled table and a servo meter.
- It comes with manual features like a push-button stitch regulator and foot pedals.
- It has a speed of 1800 stitches per minute.
- Has a built-in stitch regulator.
- It comes with a large workspace.
- It has a high-pressure foot.
- The touch screen display is absent.
- There is no needle threader in the machine.
This machine comes with a long arm walking foot. Also, it comes with a table, and speeds control servo meter.
- It has a speed control Servo meter. It helps you adjust the machine’s speed according to your convenience.
- The machine has a throat space of 25″.
- It has a high speed of 2200 stitches per minute.
- It has a very high speed of about 2200 stitches per minute.
- It has a throat space of 25″.
- The machine has no built-in stitch regulation.
Things to Consider Before Buying
So you must have got a little idea of the best sewing machines. Also, how much pressure will it put into your pockets? But hold on. Get some pro tips on what are the things you must keep in mind before buying sewing machines from the market:
1. Stitch Quality
You will surely not want uneven and inconsistent stitches on your fabric. So before buying, make sure the machine has a good stitch quality. You can either test drive your machine or look for customer reviews to get the best feedback.
2. Machine Movement
You have to check whether your machine moves smoothly or not. Test drive it to check whether it can stitch loops and feathers. If the machine feels jerky, then don’t go for it.
Make sure that your sewing machine is adjustable in height, handle, etc.
If these things remain fixed or create problems while adjusting, you will indeed have a tough time working for hours with your quilt.
Your quilting works must give you joy and not back pain.
Make sure you know everything about the machine you are purchasing. It includes the age and model of the machine. You will need them when you need to repair it and buy parts. What are the things you might want for daily maintenance?
There are various options available in the market. Getting the correct machine that too at affordable prices is quite a challenge. Before rushing to the market, do quick research on the sewing machines, their maintenance, and what you must add while buying them. Good research will make your job much easier.
This article provides you with models for Longarm quilting. It is because they are the best option for professional quilting. Also, there is no other option other than that. Longarm quilting machines are best in the current scenario. They help you to produce high-quality quilts. Also, they help you complete your job in less time.
So, go for longarm quilting machines without a second thought. And become a quilting expert.